How Can I Change SQL DB to Oracle XE DB?

Apr 26, 2011 at 6:25 PM

Hi,

I would like to connect this project with Oracle 10g to practice,

but after install all drivers and change the connectionString to:

<connectionStrings>
    <add name="MyFinanceContext" connectionString="DATA SOURCE=localhost;PERSIST SECURITY INFO=True;USER ID=SYSTEM" providerName="Oracle.DataAccess.Client" />
  </connectionStrings>

or

<connectionStrings>
    <add name="MyFinanceContext" connectionString="User Id=SYSTEM;Password=123456;Data Source=localhost;" providerName="Oracle.DataAccess.Client" />
  </connectionStrings>

both of them cause this exception error:

A null was returned after calling the 'get_ProviderFactory' method on a store provider instance of type 'Oracle.DataAccess.Client.OracleConnection'. The store provider might not be functioning correctly.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Data.ProviderIncompatibleException: A null was returned after calling the 'get_ProviderFactory' method on a store provider instance of type 'Oracle.DataAccess.Client.OracleConnection'. The store provider might not be functioning correctly.

Source Error:

Line 56:     public virtual IEnumerable<T> GetAll()
Line 57: {
Line 58: return dbset.ToList();
Line 59: }
Line 60: public virtual IEnumerable<T> GetMany(Func<T, bool> where)

Can you help me with this problem?????

tks for your atention

Coordinator
Apr 27, 2011 at 11:51 AM

Hi,

Check out with Oracle provider for Entity Framework from here

Apr 29, 2011 at 4:11 PM

Hi shijuvar,

tks for your help, i had progress!! Now i got this message:

Model compatibility cannot be checked because the database does not contain model metadata. Ensure that IncludeMetadataConvention has been added to the DbModelBuilder conventions.

Have you any ideia??

tks a lot for your help!!

May 4, 2011 at 3:25 AM

Hi,

really sorry, but i don't have success yet!  I have read a lot of posts and articles,

but EF 4.1  Oracle don't work!!!!!

The message

Model compatibility cannot be checked because the database does not contain model metadata. Ensure that IncludeMetadataConvention has been added to the DbModelBuilder conventions.

Persist!!!!!

I realy dont know any idea of what i have to do!!!!

Same help?

tks

May 10, 2011 at 7:58 PM

I really need same help!!!

Sameone have any ideia, please?

EF 4.1 works with Oracle???????????????????